Loading

Why Should You Switch to Propane?

Why You Should Switch to Propane Alto, MI

Making the switch to propane is easier than you might imagine. About 48 million American households already use propane in some capacity. Whether you are looking to fire up the barbeque this summer or heat your home with propane furnaces and boilers, there are many benefits to using propane. In this blog post, we will be outlining some of the main reasons more and more homeowners are making the switch to propane. A residential propane supply company will also be able to help you determine if propane is the right choice for your household.

Environmentally Friendly

Under the 1990 Clean Air Act, propane is listed as a “clean” fuel. This means that if propane is released into the environment as a gas it won’t harm local soil or water. While burning propane does produce minimal amounts of greenhouse gases, this is nothing compared to other types of residential fuels. Propane releases far less contaminants into the atmosphere when burned, which makes it a better fuel for the planet.

Energy Efficient

Propane burners are able to run at 98% energy efficiency, which means that only 2% of total energy is wasted. Don’t be surprised if you notice your next energy bill is lower after making the switch to a propane gas furnace. When you’re using less energy to heat your home, you’re also making less of an impact on the environment.

Supports American Workers

Did you know that 90% of propane in the United States is produced domestically? The remaining 10% is still produced within North America. This means that when you buy residential propane tanks, you are helping support American workers and their families. Buying propane also helps reduce our country’s dependence on foreign fuel.

Affordable

Since the vast majority of propane is produced in the United States (90%), it is more affordable than other types of residential fuels. It also means you don’t have to worry about propane gas shortages. Since your propane fuel has less distance to travel to reach your home, you end up paying a lower price than what you might pay for other fuels.

Delivered to Your Home

When you get your propane through a reputable propane supply company, they will deliver more propane to your home when you’re running low. This means that you don’t have to worry about running out of fuel to power your home. Having replacement propane tanks delivered to your home is also more convenient and gives the serviceperson a chance to check the gas tank for leaks or other problems before they leave. With larger tanks, you will be able to sign up for service contracts.

Altogas is a Michigan residential propane supplier dedicated to providing customers with residential propane, commercial propane, and agricultural propane services. If you are interested in learning more about our propane tank services, feel free to call any of our four Michigan locations to request a quote. We are proud to serve customers in Alto, Charlotte, Edmore, and Zeeland.

Michigan’s Largest Locally
Owned Propane Company

Propane Gas Company