Loading

Why You Need a Propane Mower This Spring

Why You Need a Propane Mower This Spring Alto Michigan

More and more landscapers are using propane mowers to save money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and attract “green” bids. However, even homeowners can benefit from using propane gas to power lawn mowers. If you have a large backyard, you may want to invest in a propane mower so you can save money in the long run and help out the environment. Keep reading to learn why you should think about getting a propane mower this spring.

Save Money

If you have a large backyard, you could easily spend an hour or two mowing your lawn. Fortunately, a propane mower costs 30% less per hour to run than its gasoline counterpart, according to the Propane Education and Research Council. While a propane mower may cost more up front, you’ll save money in the long run on fuel. Some of our customers also report spending less for maintenance after making the switch to a propane lawnmower.

Switching to propane helps reduce our dependency on foreign fuels while supporting American workers and their families. Since 90% of propane is produced domestically, prices are relatively stable year-round. The remaining 10% of propane sold in the United States is still produced in North America. In comparison, gasoline prices are affected by the global market because they’re imported from other countries.

Save Time

If you work full time, the last thing you want to do is mow the lawn. Nonetheless, your lawn will keep growing no matter how tired you are. Thankfully, using residential propane means you won’t have to drive to your local gas station every time you need a refill. Suppliers often have propane tank exchange programs and can even come out to your home for large propane tank refills.

Your local propane company will also be more than happy to help you pick out the right propane tank size for your lawnmower. Since most lawnmowers need two to four propane cylinders, you’ll be able to save time by having a dealer come out to your home to refill your tanks. We encourage you to sign up for propane refills so you never run out.

Prevent Fuel Spills and Theft

Since propane is a “clean” fuel, it won’t contaminate the environment if there’s a leak. However, propane mowers use a secure, closed fuel system designed to prevent such leaks and even theft. Not only does a propane mower give you peace of mind, but you’ll also be able to enjoy lower fuel costs in the long run. When you’re able to use every drop of fuel, you’ll also be able to accurately calculate your budget each month.

Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions

Propane is listed as a “clean” fuel in the 1990 Clean Air Act. This means that if propane leaks into the environment as a gas, it won’t contaminate local soil or water. While burning propane does produce minimal amounts of greenhouse gases, this is nothing compared to other types of fuel. According to the Propane Education and Research Council, propane reduces greenhouse gas emissions by more than 15% when compared with their gasoline counterparts. You can also feel good knowing that your propane mower reduces carbon monoxide emissions by more than 40%.

Altogas is a Michigan propane supplier dedicated to helping homeowners heat their homes and power their lives with propane gas. To learn more about our propane service or schedule your next propane tank refill, call any of our propane dealers in Alto, Benton Harbor, Charlotte, Edmore, and Zeeland.

Michigan’s Largest Locally
Owned Propane Company

Propane Gas Company