Loading

Benefits of Using Propane Gas for Farming

Michigan Propane Supplier

Did you know that approximately 830,000 farms in the United States use propane gas, according to the Propane Education & Research Council? More and more farmers are discovering the benefits of using propane to power heavy machinery and cut costs.

Keep reading to learn how your farm could benefit from using agricultural propane. For more information, our residential propane suppliers at Altogas Inc. recommend you reach out to a propane supplier near you.

Cuts Costs

It takes a lot of time, money, and commitment to run a successful farm, which is why we always recommend farmers make the switch to propane. Since most propane gas sold in the United States is produced domestically, you can count on the price of fuel being relatively stable. The cost of gasoline, on the other hand, is unpredictable because it fluctuates with the global market.

Keep in mind that certain farming technology runs more efficiently on propane, which saves you money in the long-run. For example, propane-powered irrigation engines cost less to run than their diesel and gasoline counterparts. The amount of money you could save on fuel is worth making the switch to propane.

In the agriculture industry, propane is used for:

  • Propane generators
  • Irrigation engines
  • Greenhouse heating systems
  • Flame weeding systems
  • Grain dryers
  • And more!

Decreases Your Environmental Impact

Farmers depend on the earth to yield crops and make a profit, which is why it’s important to consider your farm’s environmental impact. The government approved propane as a clean fuel in the 1990 Clean Air Act because it doesn’t contribute as much carbon dioxide and other air pollutants as other fuels. Whenever you schedule a propane gas refill, you can feel good knowing that you have reduced your farm’s carbon footprint.

Increases Accessibility to Fuel

If you depend on natural gas to power your farm, you are limited by where the natural gas lines are located for where you can plan expansions. However, propane gas tanks can be installed anywhere on your property. Whether you choose to install a large underground propane tank or use other propane tank sizes, you can count on being able to access fuel when and where you need it.

Supports American Economy

About 90% of propane sold in the United States is produced domestically while the remaining 10% is still produced within North America, according to the National Propane Gas Association. This means that when you buy propane tanks from a reputable propane company like Altogas, you are helping support your local economy and American workers. Buying propane that came from the United States also helps decrease our energy dependence on foreign countries.

Altogas is a Michigan propane supplier dedicated to helping farmers and other people in the agricultural industry benefit from using propane tanks. If you are interested in any of our propane tanks for sale, feel free to call any of our Michigan locations in Alto, Benton Harbor, Charlotte, Edmore, and Zeeland. We are happy to help customers discover the benefits of using propane gas for agriculture.

Michigan’s Largest Locally
Owned Propane Company

Propane Gas Company