Loading

5 Reasons to Choose an Outdoor Propane Fireplace

5 Reasons to Choose an Outdoor Propane Fireplace Alto Michigan

Are you tired of cooking s’mores in the microwave? Part of what makes s’mores a summer tradition is being able to enjoy the outdoors. When you’re ready to swap your microwave for an outdoor propane fireplace, call your local propane dealers. Not only are propane fireplaces energy efficient, but they require less cleanup than traditional wood fires. Continue reading to learn the five reasons you should consider a propane fireplace for your backyard.

1. Convenient

Lighting your outdoor fireplace can be as simple as turning a dial or flipping a switch when you use propane. Likewise, putting out a fire is as easy as turning off the propane supply. A propane fireplace allows you to control the amount of fuel feeding the fire.

Propane is easily accessible, which makes it rather convenient. In fact, our company has five Michigan locations where you could get your next propane refill. Our propane dealers can also help you find the right propane tank sizes for your fireplace so you’ll have plenty of fuel all summer long.

2. Improves Outdoor Living Space

A propane fireplace is an invitation to enjoy your backyard. When you don’t have to deal with the hassle of building a fire, you can spend more time with friends and family. An outdoor propane fireplace is not only a conversation starter, but a natural gathering place for people to talk and relax.

When you install a fireplace, you’ll be able to enjoy your backyard year-round. Even when summer is over, you’ll still be able to sit by the fire. Unlike a wood fire, you don’t have to wait for embers to form before you start feeling heat. A propane fireplace emits heat almost instantly.

3. Portable

A propane tank can be used with a fireplace or grill. This versatility gives you more options during your next backyard gathering. Small propane tanks are portable, which makes it easy to shift the focus of your next party from the fireplace to the barbeque.

A natural gas setup requires lines be installed from your house to your outdoor fireplace. With a propane setup, you can move your tanks wherever they’re needed. Depending on the model you choose, you may even be able to move the fireplace itself.

4. Energy Efficient

Propane fireplaces are more energy efficient than their natural gas counterparts, which means they use less energy to produce the same amount of heat. Propane provides about 2,500 BTUs (British Thermal Units) compared to 1,000 BTUs from natural gas.

5. Supports American Workers

Approximately 90% of propane sold in the United States was produced domestically. This means that when you buy a new propane tank, you can feel good knowing that you’re helping support American workers and their families. The remaining 10% of propane gas sold in the US still comes from North America. Buying propane helps reduce our dependency on foreign oil.

Our propane dealers are more than happy to help you find the right propane tank sizes for your needs. Whether you want to fire up the propane grill or make your patio a more inviting space, you can count on our expertise. To schedule your next propane delivery or browse our propane tanks for sale, call Altogas today. We are proud to serve Alto, Benton Harbor, Charlotte, Edmore, and Zeeland.

Michigan’s Largest Locally
Owned Propane Company

Propane Gas Company